Driver Training: Dementia
Get ready to take your driving skills up a gear! Drive Happiness’s online course taught by the Alzheimer’s Society is here to provide drivers with the essential knowledge and skills needed to better serve those living with dementia. Not only will this course give drivers an understanding of the common signs and symptoms of dementia, but it will also equip them to ensure that all passengers have safe, comfortable, and dignified rides.
The course covers topics such as:
• Staying calm in challenging situations
• Providing empathetic and supportive customer service
• Understanding how personal space and physical mobility can be affected by dementia
• Exploring strategies to reduce disorientation and distress on journeys
• Discussing the importance of communication and collaboration between passengers and drivers
Enrol in Drive Happiness’s online course today and make a difference in the lives of people living with dementia. With your new-found knowledge and skills, you will become the driver that brings smiles to every journey.